$800.00 or $1000.00 per month for Board includes the following:
- 3 meals per day. We feed Purina,Equine Senior or LS, T&A Hay (very light alfalfa; close to “Straight Timothy”). Other Purina feeds upon request/necessity
- A complete strip and rebedding of the stalls is done approximately once a month. We will also do a freshening up of the bedding (2-4 bags maximum), once a week. Extra bedding is available at the cost of $7.00 per bag.
- Ceiling fans are in every stall. There is no extra charge for the fans.
- Air conditioned Tackroom, with refrigerator.
- Blanketing and Unblanketing during the winter. We will also spray your horse with “Off” if you provide it for the summer months when the mosquitos are bad.
- Two nightly barn checks – One between 7:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m., the other between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. (These are the times we will spray your horse with “Off” during the summer.)
- Holding of the horses for the Farrier and the Vet is included in board.
- Turnout everyday for approx. 3-4 hours. During wet season this turnout may be shortened, during extremely wet conditions we will use the sand ring for rotating turnout or hand walk.
2 thoughts on “Boarding”
I boarded at Winstar Farm for several and highly recommend it. The care is first class. My horse was fat and shiny, well adjusted and happy. I never had to worry about anything, because I knew “Sally” was in the best hands. Her and my training was methodical, progressive and lots of fun. Going to shows with Carole was a real blast and we always did well. Carole prepared me very well for the showing experience and made it fun.
We have boarded at Winstar Farm since 2008. Every attention to detail is given to maintain the health and happiness of the horses.